New Parent Info.
over 2 years ago
Brenda Orkins, BES Data Clerk, will assist parents with registering new students.
- Your child's birth certificate
- Your child's social security card
- Vision/Hearing/Dental form from the Health Department or your child's doctor
- Proof of required shots (Georgia Immunization form 3231)
- Proof of residency in Lumpkin County (utility bill or rental/purchase contract)
Helpful information about our school:
- The earliest you can drop off students in the morning is 7:30 am.
- Students are Tardy at 8:00 am.
- Lunch- Federal regulations state that outside fast food may not be brought into school cafeterias. If you must bring in fast food, then you and your child will be given an alternate area in which to eat.
- Each day students have a CAMP class (Computer, Art, Music, and PE). They will have PE twice during the week.
pickup locations: Parent pickup at the media center- this is where the
students will be if you plan on coming in to pick up your student.
Parent pickup at the gym- this is for students that will be picked up by
their parents in the car line outside of the school.
- Parking- to help with the parent pick up line, we ask that no one park in the last lane. If you do park in one of those spots, you might be called to move your vehicle.
- To check out students, you must be on a child's parent pickup list and have a picture id.
- All changes in transportation must be made in writing. Emails are not permissible.
- Buses arrive each morning around 7:30 to 7:45. They dismiss around 3:10 each afternoon.
- Ice cream is available for sale. Please see your child's teacher for more details.
- Volunteers are always welcome! Speak with your child's teacher or Ms. Beck, our school counselor, regarding opportunities.
- The Georgia Performance Standards and the Common Core Standards guide our instruction.
- Fun Friday occurs every Friday for students that earn a predetermined amount of points each week.
- Please call with any questions: 706-864-8180. We truly want you and your child to enjoy the Blackburn experience!